Module 1: NICF - Basic Digital Marketing (SF)
This competency unit seeks to enable the learner to select the marketing channel mix that best satisfies target markets, and recommend steps to integrate traditional and digital marketing.
1. Determine the marketing objectives for various channels in accordance with organisational marketing strategy requirements.
2. Develop marketing plan using traditional and digital marketing.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of the different marketing technologies and tools used.
4. Determine the suitable technologies and tools to be used in marketing activities on the business.
5. Identify marketing programs best suited to organisation’s product/service offering.
6. Monitor overall sales performance against the tools selected for the marketing mix.
7. Recommend steps to measure the impact of marketing mix.
Module 2: NICF - Customer Experience Management (SF)
Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to analyse implications of customer profiles, requirements and buying patterns on an organisation’s marketing strategy, and propose customer engagement initiatives.
1. Analyse implications of consumer behaviour on marketing strategy by analysing consumer behaviour, using customer data analytics and knowledge of applied behaviour analysis.
2. Understand the importance of customer segmentation and be able to deploy customer segment analysis tools to better understand customers’ make-up, requirements and buying patterns of different segments.
3. Analyse customer buying patterns and influencers to develop customer engagement initiatives based on insights of how purchasing decisions are made.
4. Manage customer experience by using components of desired customer experience to manage customer experiences at various touchpoints along the customer journey.
5. Communicate effectively with customers by using principles of effective customer communications to oversee and manage the communications
6. Measure Customer Experience and Engagement Satisfaction through the use of appropriate indicators and methods to track and measure these metrics.
Module 3: RETSF - Search Engine Marketing
This competency unit seeks to provide the learner with the ability to design paid search ads optimised for relevant keywords and implement their placement on search engines; analyse and report on paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign metrics; and recommend opportunities for improving SEM campaign performance.
1. Identify requirements of successful paid search campaigns.
2. Operate data management platforms.
3. Employ strategies for paid search.
4. Interpret and examine results of pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns.
5. Generate weekly reports and examine results using third party tools.
Module 4: RETSF - Social Media Marketing
This module covers the knowledge and application skills to evaluate the potential and suitability of social media marketing opportunities, seek new ways of utilising social media channels, and monitor outcome of social media marketing.
1. Assess the usage of social media for organisations.
2. Formulate social media campaign plans in accordance to organisation policy and procedures.
3. Assess the relevance and regulations of social media platforms.
4. Justify the usage of social media.
5. Evaluate the effectiveness and impact of social media.
Module 5: NICF - Marketing Content Strategy
This module addresses the knowledge and application skills the learner needs to attain to be able to determine optimal content types, styles, modes and frequency of content delivery, and translate content ideas into digital storyboards.
1. Evaluate, understand and use your customers’ preferences to customise your marketing content and determine the frequency of delivery.
2. Define the Principles of Digital Storytelling and then use it to conceptualise content ideas to meet digital marketing objectives.
3. Understanding the process of developing digital storyboards and mapping out storyboards that will engage your customers.
4. Understand the parameters and features of marketing content for delivery so as to determine the appropriate types and styles of content to be delivered to capture your desired customers.
5. Know the different modes of content delivery for marketing in order to determine the modes and processes for distributing the marketing content.
6. Develop an appropriate Organisation’s Guidelines for your Content Strategy execution, based on knowledge acquired from Topic 1 to 5 above.
Module 6: RETSF - Search Engine Optimisation
This unit seeks to provide learners with the knowledge and application skills to apply Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) tools and techniques for an organisation’s digital assets and content across channels and recommend improvements for SEO efforts.
1. Apply search engine marketing strategies.
2. Illustrate the processes of keyword discovery, expansion and optimisation.
3. Explain the application of Search Engine Programs.
4. Perform SEO assessment.
5. Interpret search engine performance.
6. Interpret competitors’ advertising links.
7. Predict SEO trends.
Module 7: NICF - Advanced Digital Marketing (SF)
Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to identify critical customer segments, market gaps and competitors to support the development of a marketing strategy, and lead implementation of marketing efforts in business.
1. Use 3Cs (Changes, Customers and Competitions) to assess the competitive forces/market outlook and identify critical customer segments, market gaps and competitors.
2. Identify and evaluate the new and emerging digital marketing trends and technologies to better understand their impacts on an organisation’s business and performance.
3. Develop an Organisational Marketing Strategy in alignment with the organisation’s business model and revenue drivers, taking into consideration the new digital marketing technologies to be deployed.
4. Develop a good Communication Plan for internal staff awareness and alignment.
5. With proper planning and clear vision of the product/service roadmap, lead and execute the Marketing Action Plan in alignment with critical trends and developments.
Module 8: RETSF - Applied Data Analytics
Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to execute data analytics metrics and measurement efforts and perform deep dive analyses to understand customer activities and behaviours across all digital platforms.
1. Define Data Analytics, its tools and technologies, and understand the different forms of analytics available in the market so as to perform the necessary data analytics metrics and measurement efforts.
2. Understand and align an organisation’s overall data analytics strategy with its web analytics strategy so as to conduct the necessary data analytics activities.
3. Understand an organisation’s products and services and the types of business problems, questions or hypotheses in order to perform a deep dive analysis to better understand customer activities and behaviours.
4. Assess current and emerging analytics tools and technologies so as to select the most relevant data analytics tools, technologies and resources.
5. Understand customer activities and behaviours across all digital platforms so as to prepare reports on key analytics findings, trends and consumer insights to aid in data-driven decision-making processes.
6. Understand the criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of data analytics tools and technologies so as to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of data-driven analytics tools and technologies deployed.
Module 9: RETSF - Marketing Campaign Mangement
Upon completion of this module, the learner will be able to develop marketing campaigns and enhance campaign awareness and campaign visibility. Learners will also learn how to set metrics to measure success of campaigns and evaluate results for the improvement of future campaigns.
1. Construct an operational plan.
2. Justify the appropriateness of tools to reach the target audience.
3. Propose a suitable campaign budget.
4. Dissect the operational plan.
5. Advise on measures used to evaluate effectiveness.
6. Consolidate and evaluate findings for future planning.